Monday, May 12

Do you prefer talking or listening...

Grey's Anatomy is back. Since it was discontinued a couple of months ago, the show is on air again. Season 4 Episodes 12-14 are already there. I watched the show, and it is getting more interesting with the contest among them, the clinical trials and so on.

Meredith (the main character) takes the therapy due to her break up with Dr. Derek Shepherd. Only after her third or fourth therapy she starts to talk. It is really hard to talk about our problem to someone, isn't it? What about listening to the others problem? For me, both are really hard unless we put our trust on each other. To trust and to be trusted is very difficult.

Too much of talking will lead to a lot of mistakes in our words. Too much of listening will lead to misunderstanding that you're not really into a conversation. So what we have to do in a sharing session? Be moderate. It is not that simple.

For me, sometimes when I face some problems, I do need time, for I know if I talk or listen too much, it is vulnerable to more erroneous than the righteous things. I have this thinking "I am dying inside, who will know and understand well except me? And even if I let you know, will you really care? Will you be able to understand me?" That is why I rather keep my problems for myself. I rather be keep quite and not to make a fuss over a small crappy thing.

Sometimes I think that something is better to be kept secret as long as we can bear with it. Don't just talk and voice it out, for some words are too sharp that they can bleed someone's heart so much. I will try to cope with all the words, but I do have limit for my patient. When it comes to the limit, I tend to be emotional. That is what they always say. Emo, emo, emo...

But personally, if you really know me, when it comes to my limit, I actually tend to be quieter than before. I will talk less and I will prefer not to talk or listen too much. When it comes to this stage, don't ask me what is my problem. I will take some time to think back of what I have done, and hopefully everything will get better. My confidence might fall to the lowest level during the thinking. Trust me, it takes time for me to regain my confidence.


"You like to hear nice words, so don't make others listen harsh words from you. They might do the same to you one day"

"Trust is not a matter of how much you can talk and listen to someone about some matters, it is about how much you can talk and listen to someone about everything."

"It is really difficult to change our mind and perspective about something. It is like changing the shape of a rock by using droplets of water"


P.S: This entry is not in any way related to my current situation, it is just what I think about talking and listening when I do have problem with both.

5 comments:

h a r i t h said...

well..u know u can trust me..best buddy kan? hehe :)

h a r i t h said...

listening would be my second name..but when i started to talk, i hardly to stop, even pause for a while..cewahh..speaking cam skipping..hehehe

moroka said...

i will always trust you. but i know u do have problems and limited time too. thanks :D

iLLy said...

everybody has their style.
with me, u know something is wrong when i'm too quiet. but when asked the right questions, i'll spill everything.

and i sometimes scare my friends because dalam senyap2 tahu2 air mata sudah mengalir.. hihi...

moroka said...

i prefer to talk only when i am able to spill everything properly, only after i am in calm situation.

jgn ckp pompuan je nangis. laki pun sama. when the situation is really bad, laki pun nangis. the difference is laki2 biasanya x tunjuk kat kawan2.

everybody has their own style after all :)