Thursday, April 3

Fitna...yet another close-minded thinking about Islam.

People are talking about this "Fitna" short film by Dutch Parliamentarian Geert Wilders. (There are lot of other persons who were involved in making this racist video - see the list at the end of the film). Then it comes to forwarded messages from my friends, saying that "Boycott products from Dutch!", with a long list of Dutch products.
So, I watched the so-called film, and in my opinion, it is totally anti-Islam. Quoting some verses of Holy Quran (while neglecting the previous and the next verses), and then relating the quoted verses with videos or pictures that show the not-so true events that occurred around the world.

The starting of Fitna, just like its title, it is a fitnah to Islam.


The main producer, Geert Wilders. Up till now he still defends his fitnah. Read here.



The aim here, as I can see is to relate Islam, once again, with terrorism. Remember the September 11 conspiracy? Then, you should know that this "Fitna" is yet another fitnah to Islam.

It is not fair to see the not-so true events. So, what happened to Islam after 7 years of being blamed for terrorism? Another story to relate Islam to terrorism? And these are the facts, that no one talks as loud as this "Fitna":
  • No one talks loudly about an estimated 104,000-230,000 Iraqi civilian death - compared to 4000 soldiers that were killed in Iraq!
  • No one talks loudly about how Palestinians become refugees at their own home land!
  • No one talks loudly about how the prisoners in Guantanamo being treated!


Well, these are part of the facts that were being ignored, maybe because they are not as "interesting" as the "Fitna" contexts. If these facts are to be produced as a film, 17 minutes are not enough. I would recommend something like 170 minutes or 170 hours!


I am familiar with some of the Dutch products. To think of it, I might want to change to another products from another country. From Germany, maybe. I love Germany so far. =D

4 comments:

iLLy said...

the thing i don't. it's an individual opinion. why punish everyone in netherlands with boycott?? do you realize that there's one million muslims there???

my two cents on the who she-bang

moroka said...

i realize it very well. sometimes I also think that boycotting is not the way. some muslims also involve in producing the products. but what else the least that can I do?

i will use Dutch products once again, if the person who is responsible for this issue apologize.

anyway, thinking about numbers, there are 3.3 million muslims in Germany, so i better give my contribution to Germany rather than Netherlands.. hehe. =D

Miss Zahidah Zakaria said...

u rite moroka...
fitna is damn bad!!!
wut else shud we do???

btw,thanx moroka...
by giving ur comment on Safiah in my blog...
a big thanx!!!
=)

moroka said...

no problem zaza..
i just point out my opinion based on my limited knowledge. =D