Wednesday, July 30

XxX .Banned shop. XxX

My roomate and I sent our Industrial Internship Final Report for hard cover binding purpose to one of the shops at Bandar Seri Iskandar last week on Sunday (20th July 2008). The report was supposed to be submitted to the UTP Supervisor last week (due date was 25th July). I saw a massive number of ordered books at the shop, and quickly asked the owner whether he wanted to take new orders. He agreed instantly, and promised that the hard cover binding will be completed by Wednesday (23rd July).

So, we went there on Wednesday, and found out that our reports were still not ready. The owner (this time a woman) said that the books will be ready by Thursday afternoon. I had some uneasy feelings at that time, but I still considered that hopefully by Thursday we will get our reports back.

On Thursday (afternoon), we went to the shop again and discovered that the shop was closed. What the heck?? Friday was the due date! We explained to the owner before that we have to submit the report by Friday. Did they ignore this fact? Unfortunately, we didn't have their phone numbers. If not, I might throw some 'beautiful words'. Oh No..I am a student of UTP. I can not tarnish the university's image. :p

So, we went to the shop again (4th time) in the evening on the same day. Luckily that time it was opened, but unluckily the reports were still not ready. I remember exactly how the lady said, " Jangan bimbang, saya dah buat kerja ni dah lama, tak pernah ada problem. Esok you akan dapat balik buku (referring to the reports) you paling lewat pukul 2 petang. Biasanya tengah hari you dah boleh dapat. Nanti I message."

Tunggu punya tunggu, esoknya (Jumaat) sampailah lepas habis solat Jumaat, tak ada satu pun message yang sampai. I decided to call my UTP Supervisor for the Industrial Internship, Dr. Chandra Mohan to delay the report submission. I was very lucky that he said yes, and I may submit my report on Tuesday - 29th July (he was not around on Monday 28th July). Fuh, lega. Alhamdulillah.

Petangnya, tepat jam 5.20 petang, aku dan rumet menerima message yang sama, "Buku dah sampai!" - that was exactly how the owner type the message, dengan satu tanda seru. Bukannya nak cakap elok-elok. Contohnya at least cakap la macam ni, "Salam, buku dah sampai. Maaf sebab lambat." Aiyoo..itu pun nak kena ajar ka? Masa tu we're on our way back home (Kota Bharu). Aku just reply, "Baru sampai ke? Kami dah terpaksa explain kat lecturer sebab tak hantar report on time." - and there was no reply.

Aku malas dah cakap panjang. Cakap panjang-panjang pun tak guna. Dah panjang pun. Kalau nak cakap pasal kualiti laagi laa..tambah-tambah panjang. Hahaha. For your information ni dia kedai tu (marked in red). So tengok betul-betul kalau nak hantar report atau apa-apa kerja lain yang penting:

Look closely (sebelah kedai tauke cina tu..)

I'm not in any sense nak sekat rezeki orang atau seumpanya, I just wanted to express my uneasy feeling towards the service providers out there that never think of their bad service to the customers. Do they think that they can go on easy for another years to come if they continue with the same attitudes? I wonder when our country will achieve that 2020 thing. Huh.~

3 comments:

Mohd Hafizd said...

hihi...nasib badan la labu~

mark this word 'aiiiyooo'. it has been a nightmare for me cause by that little cursed word... every time i came across a problem, that word simply throw out from my mouth.. even sometimes my mom wif m during driving when i cant find parking... she's warned me to change to zikrullah... hihi..*dush*

wah2...dat's awesome! make sure u dont send ut fyp for hardbound there anymore! mark dat shop!!!!

iLLy said...

Owh, kedai melayu ke? baik gi kedai apek kat sebelah tu, lebih berkualiti, lebih menepati janji. bukan diskriminasi, tapi dalam kes taman maju. itulah kebenarannye

moroka said...

aiyoo pitya, ayat yg bermakna dan makan dalam. hohoo.. it's not awesome at all. when i think back of what happened, it was really disappointing. what happen if my grade is affected by this small "incident"? lets not think that way (make me happier at least)

illy, memang kedai melayu. at first i wanna do the binding kat kedai cina tu, but dia tak buat service tu. kalau photostat ke apa memang slalu buat kat kedai cina tu. no discrimination coz that is the truth.